Edward Pearce LLP were appointed as MEP consultants by Grosvenor for their Project at 11 and 19 Passmore Street in 2013.
Developed by Grosvenor Britain & Ireland, they were identified as ‘pilot’ projects, as part of the company’s commitment to reduce their carbon emissions by 50% across their directly managed property portfolio by 2024.
These properties are now the first privately rented buildings to achieve EnerPHit standards in London.
I felt refreshed and full of energy in the mornings because of the filtered fresh air!
Mr Dylan Pritchard
- Name: Passmore Street
- Location: Belgravia, London
- Building Type: Mid-terraced house, historic 1860s
- Construction Type: Solid masonry + timber extension
- Completed: January 2015
- Occupancy Status: Occupied since February 2015
- Construction Cost: Confidential
- Primary Energy Demand: 127 kWh/m2a
- Space Heating Demand: 23.5kWh/m2a
- Heating & Cooling Load: 11W/m2
- Ventilation strategy: MVHR (Paul Focus 200)
- Heating strategy: Gas boiler (Vaillant Ecotec Plus 824)
- Shading strategy: Internal curtains, external blind - rooflight
- U values (W/m2.K): Interior insulated walls 0.16, Exterior insulated wall 0.11, Roof 0.10, Floor 0.16, Windows 0.68/1.18, Doors 0.68
- No. 11 & 19 EnerPHits are performing 77/83% better than a neighbouring property that received double glazing, roof & wall insulation.
- Analysis of actual energy use: 3 months data (Feb-Apr’15): Gas heating - 14.9/11.8 kWh/m2 (higher than anticipated due to property being privately rented, tenants received no training, keeping thermostat high).
- Total Primary Energy - 27.3/ 23.5 kWh/m2 - incl. PV generation & using PHPP conversion factors (good performance).